Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Begining



This is my very first blog. I decided to start this blog to accompany my very first Novel. YAY... Writing a book has always been a dream of mine. I was just too nervous to actually start it. What if I was no good? What if I wrote this book and thought it was wonderful and every publisher that I sent it to hated it? Could I deal with that rejection? So I always put it on the back burner. I never shared this dream with anyone because I knew that I wasn't going to receive the support that I needed.


Finally after years of thinking about it and putting it off I shared my dream to write with my then friend now boyfriend, Jerome. I told him this years ago. I remember the day. Well night. I was standing in my Friends bathroom on the phone talking to Jerome one night in 2002. I don't recall the time or day of the week but it was definitely night time. He asked what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I thought, "besides be with you?"....That was just a thought then I would have never revealed that information to him at that time. What I said was write children's books. He didn't laugh, he didn't judge, and he didn't ignore me. He thought it was a wonderful idea. He was excited about it. Wanting to know all my ideas. I knew that I was in Love with this man.


So fast forward years later. I finally decided that this was the time to pursue my dream. Time is not forever and I could not continue to wait. So right before my birthday in Febuary I began writing with just a pen and a pad. Then I started transferring the notes to my email address. Then I began organizing it in book form.


It is such a fulfilling experience. I am so proud of what I have written so far and the progression of each character. They really take on a life of their own. However, writing this Book has not been easy. I'm more then half way through and it seems as though the hurdles are closer and harder to jump. However, I am determined. This is what I am supposed to do. I really, really, believe that.




In future posts I will include teases from my book, Torn. I will also elaborate on the Trials and Tribulations. It's crazy the people that stand in your way and the situations that arise when you are trying to better yourself.




You can find me on Facebook: Elizabeth Funderbirk. Twitter: ELFunderbirk. Email: efunderbirk@hotmail.com.




Love you all. Hope I will receive feed back Good and Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment