Thursday, July 30, 2009

Three The Hard Way

I titled this blog entry three the hard way for several reasons. The first being obvious. It's my third entry...duh.

Second is because this is where I go over how I focused on the development of the three main characters in my Novel.
In any book, character's are what have the reader intrigued. You have to develop people that reach out and bring the reader in. The way to do this is by making them easy to identify with. The reader either feels a kinship with the character because they share a struggle or a similar trait. Or it can be that this is a story that they have heard before. Struggle is not a new story to anyone. Whether the struggle is about finances, relationships, or love. The list is never ending. What makes the story enjoyable and individual is the way that the writer spins the story. The highs and lows and the end results. At least this is my take on it. I can only speak for me. Right?
I knew that character development was going to be important. I knew that I would have to make these people I was using to tell a story, be people that the reader would be invested in. The reader would have to want to get to know them better. These characters would have to invite the reader in.
The three main characters are what I chose to focus on first. Once I started taking my notes and forming them into chapters I had three people that would convey the story that I wanted to tell.
First there came Leslie, the Damsel.
Second there is Kendrick, the Villain &
Third there's Lincoln, the Prince.

And third is the reason why I dream. That reason is because of my three children. I want them to know that you can pursue your dreams. Even when you are scared to death of the end results. I am winging it. This is something that I've dreamt of but I had no idea how to go about it. So everyday I pray and figure something else out. I want this and I will continue on until I have the victory. I want my children to see that when it became difficult...I should say that when it became more difficult... because it started off tough, that I didn't fold. There will be set backs but you have to keep moving. I am learning that more and more everyday.

I hope that you all enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope you all bare with me and stick it out until the book is released.

Thank You. Lots of Love, Liz.

3 comments:

  1. Do your thang Ms. Liz...glad to meet another Write or Die Woman...

    angelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You express yourself very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz,
    You have such a natural talent, and that's a gift from GOD. Your words just flow. stay focused and keep your eyes on GOD!! You're on your way!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete