Saturday, October 5, 2013

Beginning Again



“Begin again as often as you need to in order to stay on track spiritually...” Unknown



"Begin Again as often as you need to in order to stay on track spiritually..."

Don't call it a come back.... I never left. I have taken a hiatus though. Some much needed time to examine what I have accomplished, the road I took, what are my plans going further, what is my ultimate goal, and how to improve on it all... *sighs* I have antagonized over many things on this list I just mentioned especially my ultimate goal. What is it I want at the end of the day? What do I want from this journey? I thought I knew when I started, but I soon realized that my vision was not as clear as I once thought.

I've decided to take it back to the beginning. And that thought for me, was originally very depressing. I mean who wants to admit to being wrong? Not I. However, owning that fact helped me to formulate how to change it. This was a cleansing process, a lot of tears.... And what I can say is that I am THANKFUL for it all. I had an aspiration that I was terrified to pursue and with a little nudging from my then boyfriend now husband I was able to reach the finish line on a goal of mine. I wanted to WRITE a book. That thought was absolutely daunting. How could I possibly achieve that? I was scared to chase my own possibilities but I overcame that and for that I am a better me!

I wrote that book and as each word, each scene, and each concept flowed from the ebbs of my mind, through my fingers, and onto the pages I knew I was doing what was in God's plan for me. Something that felt so right and was so therapeutic to my soul had to be preordained just for ME. Once I was there, I was nudged to not rest on my loral's and to get my work published. Published? What does that even entail? Talk about fish out of water. I never even considered actually publishing a book before I had completed the writing on my first novel. I'm sure most people in the literary field pursued this road after much research, a lot of thought, and a careful plan. That was not how it fell into place for me. I was going on the fly. Through this journey I have met so many people that have supported my efforts and held their hand out to help me. These people gave me LIFE. They believed in ME and thought I had something to bring to the table. They published me, interviewed me, featured me, and reviewed me & my work. That propelled me further. That made it impossible to slow the train. I wanted more of that and I wanted to say I am a PUBLISHED author. And I am! I did that! But, in hindsight I did it too fast, with not enough knowledge, and no real plan on how to proceed. Like in most situations I place myself in, I had to learn on my feet running. Mostly because I didn't want to take a moment to seek another way. Was that a mistake? To some looking in, yes. To me, no! It was a well taught lesson. That lesson taught me what I do want from a project that represents me. It showed me that I needed to give more in order to really excel. It taught me there is nothing better than really KNOWING the undertaking of the path you chose. It taught me there is nothing better than betting on YOU and winning. Winning will be different things too different people. For me WINNING is saying I did it, and I learned because of it, and NOW I am applying that knowledge to BEGINNING AGAIN.

One of my many FAVORITE quotes is...... "Begin again as often as you need to in order to stay on track spiritually...". It's ok to fall, as long as you get up and start over even stronger.... This race is only YOURS.

Please take a moment to check out my novels "Love TORN Asunder" & "The Bitter sweet Conclusion" the first two books in the TORN series. Available on my website (www.LiteraryLiz.Com), store locations by request, and Kindle & Nook. Also, I am a contributor to domestic violence awareness anthology "voices Behind The Tears". The third book in the TORN series will be released the beginning of 2014. Thanks for the support!


Lots of Love LiteraryLiz.....♥
www.LiteraryLiz.com



No comments:

Post a Comment